Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mothers

Something i have learnt over the last three years is that mothers are special.

One of the things that stopped me doing serious harm to myself or simply walking out was my kids. Even though I thought that I was a terrible mother and they would be way better off with someone else, there was a part of me that realised that I was still special to them.

I realise there are a few exceptions, but in general, your kids see you as special no matter what your faults, and they would be devestated if you left them. Think about it, even adopted kids still feel some sort of link to thier birth mothers,even if they have never met them, so imagine the link your kids feel to you, who provides for them and loves them in a tangible manner.

Even when they say they hate you - they don't mean it really!

No comments: