Monday, May 28, 2007

Questions Questions

These issues have been bothering me.

Do hash browns count as a vegetable serving? Do chicken nuggets count as a protien serving?

If I put them both together and call them dinner will child services come and take my children away?

If I add a token serving of frozen peas does this make everything better?

I wish I could go back in time and have serious words to whoever invented convenience and take away foods. Dinner time is frought (is that the right word?) with guilt, good old mother guilt. I know I should serve a wholegrain, whole food organic diet with five serves of vegies per day etc etc, but quite frankly, I am weak.

There is too much temptation in the shopping freezer cabinets, things that make my life just that little bit easier. I just don't have the energy some nights to do a proper dinner. Mind you, i'm sure if I could have that chat with the nasty person in the past that invented these convenience foods and they were never invented and I had no choice, I would probably find the energy.

Either that or my family would be raw food vegans!

2 comments:

Dhwani said...

Your blog is good, Simmy.

Dhwani said...

Your blog is good.